Thread: Dutton Dementia
View Single Post
Old 8th October 2022, 13:17

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Why wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick O'Malley View Post
Once my rear suspension woes are resolved, I'm looking forward to fettling the uber familiar small chassis Triumph front end .
Whilst mentally bemoaning the non-arrival of the shackle rubbers I'd ordered on 25 Sept., I decided to simply re-locate the rear spring pro tem with the bolts only. Seized with a fit of enthusiasm I rolled her backwards and attacked the front end. Everything came apart like a dream, and was stowed in my shed ready for winter refurbishment. I have quite a few suitable new bits and bobs which came with my Mk1 Marlin Roadster a good many years ago. They did come in useful one day!

Next job was to fit the tow bar to my Honda Jazz so I could deliver the frame to my go-to guy of 40 years at Woodchester for all the welding jobs. This was fiddly and time consuming but I knocked it off in half a day. Here's a picture of my famous 'Dutton Towing Gismo' strapped to the frame ready for action. Primitive though it is, I've used it to rescue a good half dozen Phaetons/B Types back in the 80s and 90s when I was mad keen - my longest tow being 125 miles from Brighton. Happy Days.

Anyone dismayed at the ratchet strap attachment will be reassured that this is a first, on all previous occasions I used sundry bits of blue nylon rope...

I'm off to Porthcurno for a week on Tuesday so no updates for a while.

Regards Mick