View Single Post
Old 19th January 2013, 09:24

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Well the snow has finally arrived in London with a vengeance…

But as SeaNick said the other day, at least the photo would make a nice Christmas card.

At least there are still a few little jobs I can be getting on with indoors...

Front Indicator Earth Wire:
This was a very simple & straightforward job (who said there were none of these? ).
There were three tiny bolts & nuts to remove to allow the bulb holder to be separated from the seal.
( I will not be using these to mount the indicator to the bonnet, I will use fittings a bit further apart. )

Then I just recycled a length of the excess wire I'd already removed from my loom into two lengths.
I had to cut a very small hole in the rubber seal to thread the new purple earth wire though before I started.
( I will be producing my own version of the wiring diagram which will list all colour coded wired used. )

I then crimped small 'O Ring' connectors to one end & bolted it to the outer bulb ring as the earth connection.
I just had to cut a small "V" out of the rim to allow the wire a new route in which wouldn't foul when fitted.

So another little job done, and the philosophy on this build is still that every job done counts.

Rimmer Bros. Delivery:
Another very fast delivery of a big box of bits from them...

Next Steps:
We are hoping to head off for a family Panto later this afternoon...

Oh no you're not!

Oh yes we are!

Etc.

Although they did ask us to ring before hand to check it was did on.

But I have another couple of indoor jobs in mind if I get the chance.
( I'd dug out any bits & tools I might need from the bottom of the garden before the snow came. )

So until next time, take care, Paul.

Last edited by Paul L; 11th September 2019 at 09:11..