View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2011, 14:54

lancelot link is on a distinguished road
Default Barry Mays Sammio Spyder Build....

Carrying on from the initial thread relating to this car appearing on ebay - Barry Mays from East Preston near Littlehampton has bought the car and has asked us to get involved in finishing her with a few changes...

Here's how she arrived.....

As you can see this is very early .....car number 2 in fact. Pretty much produced before the moulds were finished for production and sold before the Exeter launch in 2010.

The car features a heavily modified German style bonnet ...the only one available at that time and has the earlier skinny body as well...

Barry has asked for a Lancia style bonnet to be fitted and because we fattened the later bodies up a bit to accept the Lancia bonnet proportions better and also because this early body has only been temporarily fitted ...we have decided to change the body as well...

So , if anyone wants a cheap , secondhand Early Sammio body , please email me direct....before it goes on ebay !

£275 ONO.

Barry's car is an early Vitesse Mk 1 chassis with a GT6 engine fitted...having previously spent time under a Spartan , it has the engine set back and raised slightly.....we might need to deal with some clearance issues on the bonnet with a central scoop or bulge , bit like Phil Jacklin has had to on his....

The chassis is like new ! Everything new or refurbed....its very nice...
The internal framework is home made as no frames were available at that time and its not too bad ...I will have to make some slight mods , but more of that later....

Barry has given me a degree of freedom on this car to take it the way I want - obviously I will liase with him on any changes , he likes his D-types by the sound of things , so colour could be Jaguar influenced ( maybe Ecosse blue ) with all things considered , my freedom , the Vitesse/Spartan chassis , wheels etc...this could be a slightly different build .......

Last edited by lancelot link; 3rd December 2011 at 15:03..
Available from eBay