View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2015, 08:37

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Once in a blue moon:

I took this photo on Friday night, as the weatherman said it was a rare "blue" moon.

Apparently the next one will be in 3 years, so lets see if I can get this car is on the road by then.

Despite making barely any progress recently, I'm still pinning my hopes on some proper "car time" later this month.
( When I hope to have at least a full week between my current contract ending and a new one starting. )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was a shame to see Simon/DonnySoutherner's Cordite up for sale, but also completely understandable.

This car gave me a lot of ideas for my own build and it is good to see that a "Spartan" interior can pass an MOT.

As my plan was always to aim for a "rough and ready" finish on the inside of mine.

Although the circumstances behind both Simon & Mac selling their cars does put my build delays into perspective.

And perspective was something I also thought about when my wife got tickets to the "Anniversary Games" last Sunday.

By chance, we ended up on the same side of the stadium as we were for the 2012 Paralympics.

So again we had a good view of the long jump and it is humbling to see true human effort on display.

There really is some serious technology at these events.

This guy was carrying his "racing" artificial limb, while using his "day to day" one to walk to the event.

Plus the usual array of high tech racing wheel chairs.

Although my favourite gadget was the radio controlled "vans" used to collect the discus.

To mis-quote Father Ted... "That is small and far away".

Finally to end this round up of "non car" stuff I saw my mate who had a stroke the other night for a beer.

The good news is that he has made a great recovery, with 99% of his mobility fully restored.

Although he still needs more speech therapy, at least he can now have a proper conversation.

I'm certainly no expert, but I believe my mate's healthy lifestyle before the stroke limited the damage & helped his recovery.

Which is why I am going to put more effort into getting myself back into a decent shape over the coming months.
( I have really piled the pounds on since I went back to working in an office. )

So another job last week was changing the tyre on my push bike (currently set up on a turbo trainer).

As the last bit of training I did blew the tread completely off the old tyre.

So the new tyre that has been sitting in Summer House for months in now finally on the wheel.

Which leads me to another Zen misquote... "At first, the rubber does not wear the steel."

I'd pulled together this post fully expecting it to be followed by a long car update.

Unfortunately, there is not a much to report as I hoped there would be...