View Single Post
Old 4th April 2022, 18:37
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Well, the gates are fitted but not a lot of progress on my Sabre but here are some bits and pieces I've done.

Going back to the door lock electronics, once you've connected all the wires up, there ends up with quite a jungle of wires between the two door locking control modules so I have mounted them on this small panel and hard wired the connections between the two.

Remote door locking control by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

The small one is for the door locks and the larger one is for the remote radio fobs. With hindsight I should have mounted the fuses further downstream where they will be more accessible, so I'll probably end up changing that. The panel is just a piece of thin plywood that has been coated in exterior stain to seal it.

You can't see it, but the control panel sits out of harms way here between the inner and out door sills here.........

Remote door locking control by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I had some more bits chromium plated as the original plating was either worn, tarnished or in poor condition. Technically, I didn't need to get the door stays chromed but it was cheaper than zinc plating for just those two bits. The hood locking escutcheons weren't plated at all originally.

Chromed parts by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I've loosely fitted the door lock striker. To be adjusted when the door is fitted.

Door lock striker by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

For those who may be interested, this is the back of the door lock striker showing how the bracket is fixed to the chassis 'B' post.

Door lock striker by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

That's all for now..................

................peter