View Single Post
Old 7th May 2015, 11:23

Marc F is on a distinguished road

Hi CC, I do have the Spit based body in my garage and, IMHO, the proportions work just fine once shortened. For my car , Mike sliced and diced it by 9", and was planning to make a mould but, as that never happened, you will have two choices.

1) Lengthen your chassis - the Corsa Spyder guys do that, so you could probably buy the extensions direct from them

2) Shorten a standard bodyshell yourself (have you got a body, or has Mike definitely got one for you?). A good saw and some careful measurements and you will be done. But it needs a frame to support the sides of the body and crucially the rear radius arms.

Then, on Tim's point, Mike supplied me with floor pans that drop the floor down, but I think I will replace with aluminium. As a guide (and I won't know for sure until I get it up on stands), it looks like I could just plate from the bottom of the chassis across to the side members that my car now has. But if not I will make up aluminium drop boxes as I think they will look good. Haven't sorted what I want to do with seat and seat belt locations yet, but that will come. I will be buying a metal folder to make the task easier.

Edit: Also, you probably won't need the bonnet boxes - Mike cut mine off as part of the conversion. Won't affect your registration as far as I can see.

Last edited by Marc F; 7th May 2015 at 11:26.. Reason: PS detail