View Single Post
Old 16th May 2008, 12:45
Enthusiast

DavidH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinClan View Post
Personally I am very pleased Marlin have decided to take positive action.
I agree, althought it does not directly effect me as I'm building a 5exi, its nice to see Terry and Mark taking such a responsible action. This is quite un-unusual in the kit car industry as a whole to react at all let alone so quickly within months not years and so should be commended .

Personally I'm a bit puzzled why everyone is so surprised by their stance on postage or the timing. From what I have seen in the past this is just following automotive standard practice (perhaps thats the topic for debate).

E.g. if you have a manufactured car and you get a recall (i've had many) its at your cost to take it to the dealer for inspection they dont pay your petrol (which these days is almost as much as postage).

Equally on timing all manufacturers make sure they have the parts and notes to dealer networks to deal with a recall before announcing it (many require more than 2 failures to take such a step), whats different about Marlin making sure they have the move out the way and the equipment to supply replacement wishbones if necessary.

Just my 2p's worth as I would hate to see such a positive move discouraged.