Thread: Stewarts build
View Single Post
Old 30th April 2012, 19:40

Psycho pops is on a distinguished road

Hi Towed and All..
Build is coming along, slowly
Have been concentrating on front end now, rebuilt suspension, chopped 50 mm of the springs and re-bushed everything, fitted the stiffer anti roll bar while I was at it.Brake pipes are replaced as are brake lines , hoses and refurbished callipers, so just about there. Wont be able to stall much longer before I have to glass the body on.

Then it will be a case of testing the water with DVLA in Norwich or maybe a return trip to see Gary.

Have boxed in behind the rear seat covering half the petrol tank, this gives me a small boot or a large glove box.

Question, have just welded in 100mm square plates at the very rear of the frame behind the petrol tank to take the inertia reel for my 4 point harness' I have retaining bolts that came with the belts and have found lock nuts to fit, is there anything in the rule book that says the nuts must be welded to retain it or can I just secure them with lock nuts straight through the plate..
Will post pictures tomorrow of progress and illustrate the belt mounting point..
That will be it for the next month as its back to work Im afraid..
Pops