View Single Post
Old 25th May 2013, 11:31

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil9 View Post
hi towed i did not use a h/gun on my car or barrys and we have had no probs ... as yet .. but if you need a heat gun i have one you can use cheers phil.
Thanks for the input Phil, I didn't think you'd said anything about using the heat gun technique.

As both yours and Barry's cars are dark colours and mine's going to be a bright colour (soooon) I should be fine.

The plan all along has been to spray it myself (primarily because it's something I've never done before) and if it turns out to be a crap finish I'll pay a pro to do it properly in a couple of years time.

And don't worry about hijacking my build thread or stirring up a hornet's nest with questions like that. First off I'm really not that precious about it being my thread, and secondly, without people asking questions/pointing out potential problems/etc, there'd be a few glaring errors on my build - the dynamo mount being attached to the chassis rather than the engine block, for example

Anyway, just got back from the gym and I'll be off to work in an hour so no time to work on the car today I'm afraid. But the sun is shining and I'm aiming to be roadworthy within two weeks now. Deadlines, deadlines...