View Single Post
Old 28th April 2016, 19:09

Barber is on a distinguished road
Default 250 coupe contemporary

Hi, i am new to the forum. I had an ng tf a good few years ago, but the flat screen, 36 inch seating width an numerous other discomforts meant that it never got used as much as i had planned. Now, looking at retirement, and balking at a small box on wheels, started thinking about interesting cars that i could keep forever.

i'll be honest, a minari appeals, but they are few, and the alfa donor/parts have largely been snaffled up. Not having bought a kit car mag for a decade, the april version i bought featured nubodi. Wow, there could be life in the market apart fro cobras and 7s.

the z3 base is a brilliant start, and the tribute range very interesting. As i want an every day car with a bit of oomph, the coupe on a 2.2 or 2.8 donor with low mileage appeals for the long term. I love the styling of the swb 250 coupe, but am not concerned with replicating the 60s experience. Done that. Has anyone finished, started, planned a contemorary finish on the beatiful shape?

I know this will be heresy to some of you, but i want what i want. This could be the last car i ever buy or own.

advice, pointers? Help.
Available from eBay