View Single Post
Old 24th March 2012, 06:22

The 1958 Rocker is on a distinguished road
Talking Thanks Guys

Hi Tirtone and Pat, thanks for the welcome. Yes I am also amassing parts for that wondrous project. (read thet bl**dy heap of scrap says the wife!!) At least she brings you comfort in your time of need, the Sammio/Cordite/G45 whatever NOT the wife LOL. Will post some pictures soon, but sure everyone on the forum is sick of seeing mountains of rust surrounded by clutter. I have no special ideas at present, but thats the beauty of it, you can change ideas as you go along. A couple of questions, as after 37 years in the motor trade I am out of my comfort (knowledge) zone here. 1) When can you get your car registered as a Sammio, as at what stage of the build. Does it need to be running and testable, and in the colour it will eventually be. Also my car is regd 01/05/71 but due to being off the road for so long is still regd as PLG. I know you can change it, but believe you can only do it when taxing the car.2) Regards insurance, what do you tell the Insurance company the car is, and from what you guys say would it best sticking with the kit car insurers? Lastly I may not be an expert, but would like to offer any technical/practical help to anyone out there that I can and hope to meet up with people soon. Is there any one out there fairly close to the Boston area. And REALLY finally, I also have a complete Ford 100e engine and gearbox sittine in my workshop under a sheet. Looks like something else waiting to get back into a body. Was thinking of putting it into a ride on mower just for a laugh! Thanks again guys, nice to be part of the team, not just sitting on the edge watching. Simon