View Single Post
Old 8th November 2014, 14:32

froggyman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie22 View Post
Hey Paul, what ever you do please do not ask the DVLA if the bonnet support brackets constitute part of the chassis, because if you do, you are giving them the ammo to shoot you down, and if they decide the answer is yes, we are all fcuked, and you won't be top of the pops in the popularity department!
Hi Paul, your boot lid looks as if it has always been there and not a modification. It really suits the car and the angle cut through the humps makes it in my opinion. This makes the storage beneath a really practical space. I am sure your design will be seen on other cars in the future.

If your V5C is now in the system and they are happy to issue it without inspection then best to say nothing. Once you receive it you are then free to do your alterations.
The way I see it is that once one has removed the old body and rested the new on, it would be prudent to send the photos and required paperwork for the change. If you subsequently receive the V5C then no problem and you are free to move on. However if they want to inspect it then that is no problem because it is still unmolested in the chassis department.