View Single Post
Old 25th September 2014, 19:47

swifty is on a distinguished road

Paul that boot lid will look great, i did consider something similar as i liked the look of the lid hinging from the two humps and a few points that sprung to mind at the time i considered the same was if you are using hinges then the mount points have to be level with each other otherwise the lid will not hinge up correctly, if that makes sense.

I can only try to explain what i mean by using a piece of cardboard laid flat on a table and hinge it up, both sides rise up parallel to the car sides, now place a block under one of the hinge corners to lift it higher than the opposite corner and hinge the cardboard up you will see that the sides now rise off to the lower hinge point which when viewed from the back of the car will look wrong if that makes sense.

Also check that there is room below the lid area marked out to fabricate a boot compartment i.e. no suspension obstruction etc other wise you might have a boot that when opened has a smaller compartment size to the lid.

I look forward to seeing how you acheive the boot lid along with the bonnet issues which are looming nearer on my build.