View Single Post
Old 26th September 2014, 06:09

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Swifty - Whilst I would have loved to have hinges on the boot lid, I know my limits.
To be honest, just building a "simple" removable panel will be a test of my emerging skills.

I will double check the boot lid size, but it should clear the rear framework.
( As the "gap" I left in the passenger hump fixing brackets was meant to line up with that. )

I am hoping the boot lid will allow me to use the rear frame to support the back of the body shell.
The access it provides should allow me to add some plywood similar to the internal cockpit panels.
( I'll try to remember to take a better photo of the back end today. )

The boot access will also allow me to join the old Spitfire wheel arches and boot floor to the body shell.
Plus other construction jobs like wiring the rear lighting, attaching the petrol cap, etc.

I've also ordered a "T" Handle for the boot, which will not open it, just help me lift it off.
Although I still need to make a final decision on what fasteners to use to hold it in place.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Scottie - Cheers, and don't worry I could see you were busy "next door".
Which is why I have been closely following all the work required to paint your boot lid.

Your work, and re-reading Mr T's build thread have highlighted the ton of work still required.
However, just seeing the body shell in one colour was still a great morale booster.
Especially when I realise just how many other things are required to finish this build.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Right, things to do, before I can start working on the car today, cheers, Paul.