View Single Post
Old 12th September 2016, 07:53

au-yt is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul
Thank you for covering the links to pictures I sill haven't worked out how to do that.

Interesting this website uses the same software as Ferrari Chat but the pictures are automatically posted as picture. It probably the cast of data storage.

The story of this car is shrouded in a bit of mystery and to be honest I plan to leave it as just that, sorry.
Its authenticity is the registration which is described as a 1966 Lotus Coupe model:- UNK (unknown). This have since found wasn't uncommon back then as I know of and so does the club a PIPER GT2 registered as a Lotus Piper!

The picture of the rear 3/4 was the first time it was on its wheels even I think it looks stunning and I own it. Great motivation to keep going.

This is the new chassis the engine and gear box need to be split to install but the good bit is the bell housing fits through the rear hoop all be it on its side.
The adjustable suspension control arm mounts. These I am quite proud off and probably should patent the idea as thay are really simple but strong

I have added a roll bar and screen hoop since then and extra removable bracing in the engine bay.

The adjustable suspension control arm mounts. These I am quite proud off and probably should patent the idea as they are really simple but strong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MBT Chassis 001.jpg (80.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg MBT Chassis 002.jpg (84.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg MBT Chassis 003.jpg (84.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg MBT Project 027.jpg (76.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 20140601_185835.jpg (45.3 KB, 41 views)