View Single Post
Old 10th August 2011, 19:36
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

I think fuel hoses come under General construction.

Under Standards Paragraph 3. it says...
The vehicle structure and all components including their attachment must be suitable and of adequate strength. (see note 2)

And note 2 says.....
Note 2 This assessment includes the attachment of any component/assembly of any structure, the strength and suitability of materials used, (including pipes etc), all fastenings, (welding, brazing, bonding, rivets, nuts and bolts etc) are to be assessed for suitability, completeness and security.

The SVA/IVA inspectors are looking for standard automotive components rather than 'a bit of old hose pipe' from the local diy store. Try to use some with manufacturers or BSI/DIN markings and be prepared to justify why it is suitable.
You see in this thread preparation of other builders by printing copies of manufacturers data sheets is a good back up if there are any questions. Like Jason and others I had a folder full of useful information. (A general reminder to keep all your receipts from Marlin and any other major components)

Back to your question, so long as you can show you've used the right hoses and they are marked, I think you'll be fine.