View Single Post
Old 6th January 2012, 13:20

Dino Builder is on a distinguished road

From searching the net, I've seen that some MG owners have redrilled a new 4-bolt pattern into their hubs. I can't say what effect this will have on hub strength due to removal of material, though. Five-bolt pattern is a problem due to hole overlap - i don't know if it can be done at all. As far as I can tell, adaptors are the only way to fit Cromodoras at the moment, and they may have to be custom made - could also space out the wheels a bit too much considering the zero offset.
I'm moving house in a week, to a double garage (with house attached, for her), so I'm not ready to search for a donor yet, but I'm watching the development with great interest.
On that subject, I've been playing with the chassis photos using a photoshop program to look at ways of increasing strength if it might need it in the future, as I want to build a GTS, plus I'm not keen on putting loads through a glass body. Obviously, the chassis is still being developed, so I'm jumping the gun - but it's interesting, nonetheless...pics to follow...if I can get them to upload....