View Single Post
Old 17th March 2012, 13:14

dino_gt is on a distinguished road

Hi there again;

I agree with you in many things. That DGT001 looked great. Regarding the wheels, I think that some cars can be wider than the original. The correct width for a 206 is 1703mm, so it´s easy to check. My car was wider for almost 100 mm!
If you have cut the floor, then pushing the door sills inside is possible, however some modifications to the chassis might be necessary as well… I´ve done this, and the car looks much better.

I believe this “pulled in” wheels look like it´s not only a matter of the wheels/offset/spacers …If the car is wider, it is not going to look good once you fit the cromodora wheels. I know this because I did it. In fact this is how I realized that we also had to correct the width. It´s a hard thing to do though, but possible.

Yes, the space for the front radiator is much bigger when you lift the nose, this is really helpful.
The car looks very different and the swage line looks parallel to the floor as well. It´s a great improvement.

Omitting the lower nose and rear end panels was not a good idea from my point of view. Using cascu´s panels may not be the best solution, since it´s a later 246 series replica with the air intakes for the brakes, which the 206 didn´t have…however it´s my personal point of view.

The 246 bodyshell is also different in many other details, not only longer. The shape is different.

All these modifications involve hard work of course. I believe that Tom Marr was the first to start with them, and I have to say that he did a great job.

I saw his car in august, and it looks great. I think any of these changes can be a great improvement to these cars, that´s why I say the car has a lot of potential, and, therefore, not a bad replica, as many people are saying…

Good progress with your car. It´s certainly going to look good.

regards

Dino_GT