View Single Post
Old 13th September 2015, 18:06

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Swifty - Thanks for mentioning it, as I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I should have said I will use a grommet to protect the wires from chaffing (see below).

As water should not be able to reach this hole in the bulkhead after I've finished boxing it all in.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Trial & Error - Part 1:
Pushed the two sections of the front wiring loom through the bulkhead.

These are the original Spitfire parts, although neither appear very water tight.

This allowed me to fix the main loom to the bulkhead at this end to see where the rear loom connection would be.

This in turn, allowed me to work out how far the rear loom wires needed to go into the bulkhead to reach.

I just needed to wrap up the middle section of the rear loom.

Note:
That thin strip of driveway was how small the area I had to fit into for today's work and it was not quite big enough.

I then spent a very long time trying to find the best route for rear loom to take.

This really was a case of trial and error as I'd zip tie the loom in place, then have to cut the ties and start again.

In the end, the best route was along the top of the framework, something I had tested before.

Note:
I will come back to tidy up the start of the cable wrap near the hole in the bulkhead later on.

I also used an extra layer of protection in some areas.

Unfortunately, when I got towards the rear arches I realised I needed to finish another job before I could go any further.

As there was a mis-match between the fuel hard line and the flexible fuel pipe.

I bolted 2 "P" clips to the rear arches to hold the hard line in position.

Even this was a pain, as I had to cut one of the bolts down to size as I couldn't find a short one.

I was able to create the nice bends with my cheap flexible pipe bending tool.

Then I cut the hard line down to size, before putting the final curve in the pipe.

Then I cut the flexible pipe to size and fixed it to the framework with zip ties to create a gentle curve.

End of Part 1...