View Single Post
Old 28th October 2015, 16:48

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Wednesday:
Was actually woken up this morning by the sound of the rain lashing down outside.

But I did manage to make a little bit of progress this afternoon...

The driver's hump bride was lifting the body shell off the framework like so.

So I propped up the rear of the body shell to give me access to the driver's hump bridge.

But it was almost impossible to cut the "relief" hole I needed in this position.

I even managed to slice through the body shell.

So I had to admit defeat and wait for my wife to return so I could lift the body shell off.

At least this give you a better view of the painting I did at both ends.

In the end I probably made the hole a lot bigger than it needed to be.
( But I just couldn't face lifting the body shell on and off any more to fine tune the size. )

By 4.30pm the sun was setting in the West.

So, with my wife's help, the body shell was lifted back into place.

Thankfully, the frame has once again "disappeared" behind the lip.

Although it then dawned on me that the bonding paste will actually lift this up a little bit, but that is OK.

I knew that the body shell was now sitting lower at the back when I offered up my alignment tools.

This was yesterday and notice how the "T" sits under the piece connecting the rear lighting.

Whereas today, there is not enough room under the horizontal piece for the "T" template to sit.
( A small bit of pressure on the passenger side is enough to level the rear of the shell. )

Clearly this was extra work that could have been avoided if I had thought things through properly.

But at least the body shell was now sitting on the framework properly.

Right, I'm off for a pint with my best mate, cheers, Paul.