View Single Post
Old 21st July 2017, 10:39

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Delayed Deja Vu:
I've just checked the dates and, completely by chance, it was the 21st of June when the first coat of BRG went on.

So here I am, exactly one month later, still trying to get the final coat of BRG on.

Thankfully, I was able to get some time off real work, as the weekend forecast looks very wet.

In order to ensure I had a single shade of BGR for the whole car, I blended the 2nd & 3rd tins.

I also added a dash of thinner into the paint bucket (which is recommended for spraying).

Working on the driveway was hampered by high winds blowing bits all over the fresh paint.

However the wind was really playing havoc with my attempts to painting inside the 'Circus Tent'.

At one point, the whole thing lifted and moved while I was half way through painting the bonnet.
( The original tent pegs holding the legs were all lost the other day, but I've since found some more. )

But eventually I managed to get everything painted.

The headlight rims were easier to paint on the ground compared to hanging up.

You can also see the state of the structure trying to support the roof in this photo.

The boot lid.

The bonnet.

So far, < Touch Wood > I haven't noticed any of the major paint reactions that have plagued me up until now.

I am sure the fact it is much cooler has helped and the dash of thinner may also have played a part.

Unfortunately, I think I was being so careful to avoid putting on too much paint, that I didn't apply enough.

So there are lots of places where the paint hasn't settled into a smooth finish.

Still, it looks like I have enough paint left to give everything a second coat.

Although, when I will get a chance to apply that second coat is anyone's guess.

Therefore I will leave you with this photo of my favour bit of the whole car when I get the painting right.

Until next time, take care, Paul.