View Single Post
Old 21st September 2017, 11:38

smash is on a distinguished road

For me it's simply too big - let alone with the blistered arches.

The trouble is the original is petite, it's part of it's charm - the ratios work. So if you put the original styling clues on something probably 40% bigger it will just look wrong at that scale especially when it's 4:3 stretched to 16:9.

It needs to have less of the original/exact type clues to allow your head to "accept" it that scale IMHO. The renders which look great but there's nothing to give you scale and that's crucial. Bit like Beach buggies - SWB is what everyone has in head and look perfect - when you see a LWB one in real life you go "Ewwww..."

I know DNA's work is one of the best n the business and if anyone can do it it's them but I think this ones a stretch too far (literally). Have a look at 911 speedster pics - look at the rear deck height c/w doors and front wings (much lower) - imagine bringing them up to same height, blistering arches and giving it 356 styling....

Boxster has been around for 21 years now and people have been discussing the idea on the net for at least 10 according to Google - makes you wonder why it was never done before....

@Munky - interesting you already know what Brian has developed?

Last edited by smash; 21st September 2017 at 11:57..