View Single Post
Old 19th June 2021, 20:11
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
Agreed! That screen looks ace I bet that feels like a pretty big milestone.
Thanks Jack and Kon. Some steps make a dramatic impact but others like this week when I have been doing some more mundane but equally important tasks.
I've been doing some more wiring before refitting the dashboard surround. Hopefully this will be the end of the wiring which can take a surprisingly long time for very little to show.
I been running in some extra cables like a supply to the boot for a boot light, some speaker cables and an aerial cable to the boot. The aerial will be fitted after the IVA test.
I've also been connecting up the interior light cables and running supply and illumination cables for the heater control. Plus a lot tidying up to make all the cables secure and IVA compliant.
All the unused wires to the ECU have been terminated in insulated closed end connectors and then encased in some conduit.

Unused ECU cables by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

And then tied up under the dash.

Under dash wiring (passenger side) by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

This required the 'head in the footwell' pose

Then taking a break from wiring, I made up a mounting panel for the intermittent wiper control unit. This will be later fixed at a convenient point along the lower edge of the dashboard surround.

Wiper delay panel by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

So a few more nibbles out of the elephant and edging slowly towards the finish line

Stay safe.............peter