View Single Post
Old 4th April 2015, 14:13
Kit Car Dreamer

PJC is on a distinguished road

Hello to all off you.
YES, I look at this forum once in the two months or something.
I updated Terry from Marlin with the result but had no reaction, I was not so far to inform you about it.
You've seen it very well, I updated my site. The website will be live this year and then it will stop.

It was really hard to get it registered. I have been very lucky. The result is amazing and first driving at 0 degrees gives a lot of funny reactions here in the Netherlands. It's big fun to stand at a traffic light and the drives in the other (normal) cars look at me with a hat/cap and gloves and wonder if I'm cold. No, the thrill and fun-factor warms me completely.

200 bhp is more than enough to have fun. First trip got me at 45 degrees to the left after taking a roundabout. I was lucky the there was no car at the other lane....
Managed to touch the rev.limiter two times already. Yesterday I made my first donut. Big fun !

On the list is the steering geometrie which is good with self centering but not perfect to my opinion. I lowered the pressure to 1,7 bar now. 2 bar is too much it seems. The donut gave small black stripes of rubber instead of 225mm :-)
I'm curious if any of you know more about camber, caster and toe-in for a Ford setup?

By the way, as far as I know this is the fourth Marlin Sportster in the Netherlands.

I don't have plans to go to the UK to a show, but if I have I will contact you because then I want to meet some of you.

I must admit that your websites gave me the courage to go on. Thank you all for that !

Peter-Jan