View Single Post
Old 19th April 2015, 07:19

Rickard is on a distinguished road
Default New build of a Marlin E39 Sportster

Hi, here is a new member of this site/forum and also an celebration to all of you who has shared all of your buildings and problems and not at least - all solutions to solve yours/others problems - it has been joyful reading for many hours - so thanks to all of you!

So here I hope that I can share my building of a E39 based Marlin Sportster - located in the small village Ilsbo, just outside of Hudiksvall in the north part of the middle of Sweden.

It all started many years ago - I was thinking of a Superseven or similar - but it was one problem - my length - when I tried so squeese me in a Westfield - I relized I am in truble - I will never find out how it would feel like driving one. I searched for something other - and found Marlin Sportster. I felt this is it! That was back in time - and as all know - life can make some wild turns sometimes... so for many years I have planned for this moment - the arrivel of the parcel - and now it stands in my car place here at home.

We went to Mark and Terry for 2 years ago to find out for real if this would be something to spend money on. There Mark showed us his latest building of a sportster based on a E39 - and we felt this is what we have been looking for... and then he explained his own personel situation of life.....

He explained - what ever would happen - Terry will provide what you need - and she have done it in a great way - thanks a lot Terry!! So our parcel arrived one year and one day after that Mark passed away - RIP Mark.

So now starts all the work with dismantle the donator - at the same time that all our snow just have melted down and all we have hidded in it is showing that we have some work to do in the garden.... bad timing!
Pictures will be at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/our_marlin_sportster/

Last edited by Rickard; 19th April 2015 at 07:24..
Available from eBay