Thread: Stewarts build
View Single Post
Old 9th June 2016, 21:08

Psycho pops is on a distinguished road

Swifty, no offence taken and the debate is extensive on wether or not the face mask provides adequate protection. I believe it is Sweden that has passed these masks as fit for purpose.
Due to my work I have a face fit test kit which is used to ensure the mask is a good seal to the face as we are all different in shape, I believe the reason why no one will state a face mask is adequate is because they cannot control the exposure time or exposure levels the end user will be subject to and not many home users can measure their exposure levels. If a mask is sold categorically stating it is a 2k mask and someone used it beyond the limits and suffered harm as a consequence then the manufacturer could be liable. While the isocyanates are odourless the other chemicals are extremely strong and would very quickly identify a leak that developed during spraying. The cartridges were rated correctly for particulates and vapour and I am confident I did not risk my health., I will say I had the garage doors and Windows either side open to allow a free flow of air to minimise build up in the garage. While I assessed the risk for myself I would not say it was correct for anyone else to follow suit.
Pops