View Single Post
Old 15th July 2018, 14:31

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Talking Humiliation x 2

Today's sortie in the A352 was to the Cotswold Classic Car Club meeting at Shipton Oliffe, about 15 miles from home. It took half an hour longer than anticipated to get there as the police had closed the main road following an incident. The detour seemed to completely bamboozle many fellow motorists, resulting in frustrating tail backs.

Anyway, on arrival, the event was well stewarded and I soon found myself parked amidst some giant US metal.

Wandering up and down the rows of classics I espied many gems, prominent amongst which were this glorious T2 and a somewhat incongruous Dingo.

A distinctive burble from the direction of the entrance had me scurrying across the field with my camera to witness the arrival of this beauty, freshly returned from racing at the Le Mans Classic.

To compound my dismay, a few minutes later his equally loaded chum arrived and parked next to him.

I think the last time I saw two short nose D-Types at a venue was the Silverstone Classic in 2013. They were absolutely glorious!

My own seriously down-market evocation drew a lot of interest, at least one punter copying down my e-mail address from the 'For Sale' sign I'd pegged to my screen.

I'd have loved to have hung around for the Spitfire fly-past scheduled for 1415 but it was so hot that I left at 1300. Just as I fired up the beast this beautifully restored 101 Land Rover arrived, so I shot over for a quick chat and a photo'. The road home had thankfully been re-opened so the largely down-hill return was uneventful.

Regards, Mick