View Single Post
Old 10th February 2017, 05:55

Paul L is on a distinguished road

In the words of Blue Peter, here is one I prepared earlier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochdaleGT View Post
… so explain me this sentence from the builder ...
rochdaleGT - First of all, why should we explain anything to you at all?

As you seem happy enough to ignore many of the questions other people have asked you in other posts/threads.

Generally, a forum is a two way conversation, so if you just want to RANT, please set up your own website somewhere else.

But in a final effort to leave Micky1mo's thread with some facts on it, not your interpretation of the facts…

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You are indeed required to notify the DVLA if you rebody a car.

https://www.gov.uk/change-vehicle-de...need-to-update

However, there is a grey area about when you must tell them.

Initially, I tried to change my V5C when the car was under construction.

The DVLA told me that they wouldn't change the V5C until after if had tax, an MOT and insurance.

In which case, it is clearly OK to drive the car on the road to the MOT station without the V5 being updated.

As it was, I managed to get the V5C updated before I got the car on the road.

So clearly, there is a bit of room to manoeuvre within the rules, so will you accept this is true?

You are also allowed to sell a car in the UK without the correct details on the V5C.

However, you must clearly state this when you are selling the car if you want to stay within the law.

So will you admit that Micky1mo did not break any laws by advertising his car in the way he did?

A buyer may also choose to buy a car that they know doesn't have the correct paperwork, that is legal too.
( Note the V5C is nothing to do with the legal ownership of the car, just the registered keeper. )

For example, a buyer may choose to use it only on track days and trailer it to/from the circuit.

Or they may be exporting it to a country where none of this matters, without the wheels ever touching UK soil.

Or they may want to simply hang the car on the wall as a piece of art.

In all of these cases above, the fact the paperwork is not in order doesn't make a difference.

Will you accept that this is also true?

The only time an incorrect V5C is potentially an issue is if you are buying the car in the UK intending to drive it on UK public roads.

Then you have a simple choice:

- Get the V5C in order before you drive it.

- Or just drive it anyway, in which case you are breaking the law and may get caught and punished accordingly.

Just for the record, driving a car with an incorrect V5C does not carry the death penalty in this country.

( I dread to think what the penalty in Germany might be, given your complete over reaction to this whole thing. )

So in this case, Micky1mo had the V5C updated for the BMW engine change, but not the rebody.

He clearly gave any potential buyer a simple choice of taking the car still registered as a Triumph Herald…

OR he would help the buyer change the V5C to reflect the rebody in the way he described in great detail in his earlier posts.

( And given the number of cars he has put through the DVLA system, I am happy to believe he knows what he is talking about. )

The buyer decided to take the car as it was and everything about the transaction was both legal and above board.

Which means that your apparent rage really just boils down to the precise use of English in a 'For Sale' advert.

In which case…

"Take the log out of your own eye before you take the splinter out of your brother's."

Note:
I am not prone to quoting the bible, but I'll make an exception in your case.

So let's recap where we are…

You have gone out of your way to dig up an old tread and made posts with an accusatory tone.

You have then followed that up by accusing members of this forum of being involved in a conspiracy to cover up the facts.

And now you want to contact the DVLA (who you have already insulted on here) about a car that has nothing to do with you.

However, despite your insistence that you "know how things work", the real facts are that you clearly do not.

So either apologise for your ignorance and attitude, or simply STFU!

Hope that helps, Paul.

PS
If you are not Micha, then is this you?

Last edited by Paul L; 10th February 2017 at 20:08.. Reason: Typo in my biblical reference