View Single Post
Old 5th October 2016, 19:28

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the link Paul ...thats interesting ....I sold it before I'd put too many miles on it and the new owner reported it was getting hot on longer runs ...I see the bootlid is louvred now ..that will have sorted that out ...

The engine is interesting in that car ...I got rid of the dynamo and cooling fan as they stuck through the bootlid ...replaced it with a 2cv alternator mounted at the bottom of the engine and an electric fan inside the fan shroud tinwork.
The carb was the next issue ...again too high and broke the boot line again ...twin carbs either side would have worked for that but I had a VERY limited budget on that one and I made a new manifold that put the carb in front of the engine instead of behind it ...a bit of trick exhaust work , a slightly deeper rolled pan than usual ..and it was all pretty much hidden ...

The Pickup resurfaced recently ...a friend of mine in France Jean Louis has bought it and loves it !! It was a great thing ...I had a really good Summer driving that around the Purbecks and the beach etc around here , probably 8 or 9 years ago now ...I know it was pre Sam , as Jennette and I were out in it fairly regular ...... I tried to market it as a kit but Hot Rodders and Beetle guys didn't embrace it ...