View Single Post
Old 5th November 2016, 16:26

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post

Based on his previous Sammio offerings, I don't think Gary's new model will cost even half that to build to a high standard, more like a third.
I agree that donor prices are rising ..but the Triumph offerings are still affordable when you look at the volume of components they bring to the project ...parts are still cheap and available and you retain a classic car status the MEV offerings cant achieve ..yet ...so they work for me !!

Often , the best route is to buy a 'wreck' and refurb it ...you know what you have then ...most MX5's will need a degree of refurb by now too ...

Avoiding IVA and retaining classic car status is priceless as far as I am concerned ...

My bodies with seperate bootlid , flip stle front and seperate doors will be in line with a Miglia body ...so should around the £1600-2000 mark ...depending on final spec.

So , very roughly speaking ... refurbed Herald or Vitesse ...£2000 , bodyshell £2000 ..wheels / tyres adaptors ...£500 ... sundry items , interior etc ..£1000 ... paint ...£1000...

Very loose calculation ..but we are still below the MEV start price ...