View Single Post
Old 15th November 2017, 20:09

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Got quite a bit done today but totally ran out of light and didn't want to take pics of unfinished bits ..so I will update tomorrow night ..

For now though , I collected the bonnet today and put it roughluy in place , the stretch is no surprise , but the amount of room under the bonnet was ...I was convinced she was going to have to have a scoop to clear that lump ..but it clears with plenty of room ...getting the engine low was helpful and setting it back , but its no where near an issue ...so now I need to discuss with E. what we do ..whether to leave it or go with the musclely scoop anyway ...

I tried the radiator and it can be mounted upright too ...so thats cool as well ..

so todays pics are just the re-instated steering rack mounts as the chassis had a cobbled on , non-standard rack that didn't work properly ...a section of chassis and rack from a scrap SE5 gave me the bits I needed ..

I also welded a couple of little mounts on to accept the new radiator ...

I started the tubework frame to support the rad ..working out pedal placement and steering column line ..its working out well ...

as I said ..pics to follow ...