View Single Post
Old 5th December 2017, 19:35

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I HAVE STARTED SORTING OUT AN EXHAUST ..There is nothing off the shelf for a 3.3 in a Scimitar with an alternative body ! ..so its lots of cutting , shutting , welding , grinding ...I have roughed out the whole system but need to do a bit of finishing on the welds on the manifold but its a bit tight and will be a lot easier to finish when the engine and gearbox are taken out ..A stock tube style manifold was supplied with the engine , it is a 6 into 2 system and was all angled backwards . so that it exited the engine bay in the 7 o'clock position on the drivers side ..I needed to exit in the 6 o'clock position , so the front 2 were left as is , kind of , the centre 2 moved straight down and the rear two reversed to face forward and down ...it was also shortened and has about a dozen welds to get it where I wanted it ... A 90 degree bend takes the front manifold back , its joined from above by the rear omanifold and a single pipe travels to the rear ...around about the rear diff . a homemade Y piece splits and joins the 2 cherry bombs that I joined together with strap iron and fitted bobbin exhaust mounts .

A subframe that bolts to the rear chassis supports the rear silencers , they hang below it on bobbins fitted front and rear ...when final fit of body is done the subframe will be part of the boot floor area too ...

no real pics to share of the system yet ,it was getting too dark but here's how the silencers were joined and where they ended up on the car ...apologies for darkened pics ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 5th December 2017 at 19:42..