View Single Post
Old 9th July 2015, 18:30

Paul L is on a distinguished road

RedRatBike - Nice bike.

Or at least I guess it was before you crashed it.

Jokes aside, get well soon.

Yes, the Guy Martin photo was from the 2004 Scarbourough Gold Cup.

In my avatar photo, I'm actually cresting the Mountain at Cadwell Park on a track day.
( My first experience of the full course, as I only raced MZs on the club circuit. )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Neil - Thanks for your encouragement.

I hope that by the time I finally get this car on the road it will have been worth the effort.

Sweet days of Summer, the Jasmine's in bloom.

Yes, I actually planted Jasmine in my garden based on the lyrics of "Summer Breeze".

I started writing this post on Saturday, but there was no point in posting it before now.

Saturday
I had a simple plan for the weekend, domestic chores & gardening on Saturday, followed by car work on Sunday.

First, the pruning took a lot longer than I was expecting.

But the next round of trimming so all the waste could all be bagged up was worse.

Note:
I actually ran out of bags, so there are still a couple of small "piles" than need to be done.

By the time you could finally see the grass again, it had been a long, hard day.

Sunday
I was completely stuffed and just didn't have the energy for even a small token gesture of work on the car.

( I guess Saturday's efforts in the heat, combined with the long days I've been working finally caught up with me. ).

Thursday - Part 1:
It was not practical for me to get to Canary Wharf during today's tube strike, so no work (or pay) for me today.

However, the weather forecast was good and I tried to make the most of it, although I still had some domestic chores as well.

In order to fix the position of the steering column I need to have one section of the dash board in place.

Note:
The hole on the right hand side will be used for the choke lever.

I got slightly concerned when the dash section wouldn't slot home into the bulkhead.

Then I realised that my home made bracket to hold the oil pressure gauge...

Was too wide to fit into the corresponding hole in the bulkhead.

At least that was an easy fix, just remove the bracket & re-fit it when the dash section was in place.
( This is just to help set up the steering, nothing is actually connected. )

I also wanted to fit the accelerator pedal to help me check the position of driver's seat.

But first I had to make a paper template for the "grip" tape Mac had sent me.

This was then cut out and stuck on the pedal to make it less slippery.

Next I had to go back to check some old photos to confirm where this metal plate went.

Turns out it was a home made bracket (by the previous owner) to move the pedal forward.

So after a bit of effort I finally managed to get the bulkhead bolts in.
( This was another job that would have been a lot easier with an extra pair of hands. )

So now I have all three pedals in place.

End of Part 1...