View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2014, 09:07

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie Dave View Post
OK, time to go out on a limb, I want a modern version of a Husler, mixed with a Hummer, a 2l ish auto engine, propper tube chassis (like on a sand rail) mixed with a fun interior & exterior, one thats Multipurpose. It must have a low floorline at the rear, and a wheelchair ramp. But more important than that it must not look like a van that takes a wheelchair as an extra. The only thing I have seen as a start is a Desert Iris 4x4 (but I may have to remove the machine gun). and we dont drive much in the desert. I'm fed up driving a big van when something smaller would be better! The other car is easy, its just the MX AMZ with no roof- but thats for when I'm alone.
G'day OD, have you considered going small rather than huge? My thinking is that with something very low with no doors, like a Seven, Marlin Sports/Roadster or Mini Moke, the driver's or passenger seats could be accessed by a wheelchair user by sliding across from chair to car and vice-versa for the exit. A Ribble/Miglia with suicide doors and carefully placed grab handles could also be made to work. The cars listed above all have enough luggage space behind the seats to put a lightweight folding chair and all could be built with auto boxes and adapted controls easily enough.

If I ever lost the use of my legs I would still want a ridiculous sports car to blow the cobwebs out with occasionally. Just a thought.