View Single Post
Old 11th January 2015, 23:13

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorton View Post
Another solution might be to reverse the seat belts, having the shoulder straps in the centre of the car with some sort of hooped support between the B posts across behind the seats.
I have considered this option, there is more height to play with in the centre of the car. Mr. Towed did this in his build but apart from the issues of encroaching on the rear 'seating'. I feel that the seat belts should prevent the upper torso from being allowed to be thrown out of the side of the car, as it is when the shoulder belt is attached to the 'B' post.

I am not a safety freak but ever since a goof friend was involved in a very serious crash on Mull and had to be airlifted to Glasgow I have always worn my seat belts and treated them as an ally to be embraced, rather than a nuisance to be accommodated and tolerated. My friends life was saved by the fact she was wearing her seat belt when driving her Mini when it was hit head on by a big Merc being driven at speed over a blind crest. Since then several friends have been saved by their seat belts which has reinforced my feelings in this direction.