View Single Post
Old 18th July 2019, 22:09

306craig is on a distinguished road

Paul, that is brilliant. Thanks a million. I am a heavy diesel fitter by trade, so good with the spanners. But my limit of being 'creative' involves hitting stuff with a hammer to make it work. The more broken it is, the bigger the hammer needed!!

As you may have seen from my first MX250 build I was pretty unadventurous, sticking to an easy idea (GTO recreation). However, as I was building it for a mate (I do have unlimited access to it) I was glad of the 'learning curve' and the experience. Now I am on to my own, and keeping in mind I bought it as an 'unfinished project' off Gumtree I am keen to differ from the norm.

The tips and hints in your last 2 posts are absolutely invaluable. I had no idea that brown parcel tape is so useable as a former. I have seen people talking about using 'formers' but had no idea what it was or how to use it. After reading your last couple of posts I am filled with a whole new sense of confidence (and a rough idea of how to use that new confidence).

Thanks a million and watch this space for some slightly more adventurous kit car building!!!!!