View Single Post
Old 7th June 2006, 05:17

fastco is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Video of engine dyno test..........

Hello from across the pond... well mates the dyno #'s are in & were 95% happy with the final BHP & torque #'s the beast delivered on the Superflow 901 dyno.
Here are the #'s 477.5 BHP @ 6300 RPM 469.6 ft lbs torque @ 4400 RPM
impressive numbers indeed sightly off the target of 500+BHP ... why good reason to my dismay the fellow who owns the Dyno Joey @ Gorden Race'n
only had 1 ' & 5/8th dia header pipes and nothing bigger in the house we needed 1' 7/8th to 2' dia for this beast. Needless to say it choked the engines output & no matter what we did we blew the headers gaskets out with each dyno pull.. the darn ports were to big for the small pipes.. dang!
Anyhow we phoned around the area no one had 2' pipes we could borrow..i could have bought a set of new Hooker Super comps @ 439.00USD a pr...
Not on this budget i said & carried on with the dyno testing anyway.
We all agreed we needed 22.5 BHP to hit the 500BHP sweet spot and the car a Ultima GTR with it 1' 7/8 dia headers & race mufflers would put us right about there no problems.
So in the end we are very pleased with the final results , remember this engine is a flat tappet cam engine with all the parts used as is out of the box no extra tricks. And built on a very tight budget around $8,000 USD turn key.
The beast idles @ 850/900 RPM pulls 12 hg vaccum @ idle , pulls to 6500 RPM very quickly , has a very wide power band , no searching for engines sweet spot during gear changes. Runs on pump gas , does not run on , runs cool max temp no matter how hard we beat on it 190F , shuts down with 0 run on or roll over at all.
All in all we are very pleased with this beasts performance CHEERS!
Dr.Dee
PS: For video go here http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...THeBIGPULL.flv
Hope this works.. oh and as always i've under rated the BHP posted... i do not like silly over rated BHP quotes that seems to be the norm in the world of high perf engines advertized BHP.. i guess i come from a differant school?
Anyway mates i'll post all the specs & pics of this build later...........