View Single Post
Old 11th December 2014, 17:04

Viatron is on a distinguished road

Cheers Nike and Scottie your comments are very much appreciated.
Have decided that the blue hoses are too bling so am picking up some black silicon superflex hose tomorrow so will hopefully have the water system water tight tomorrow night.

Oil catch tank has arrived, last piece of bling for the bulkhead. I hadn't planned to fit one but the original and the cast Ali rocker cover have an outlet that using the original setup goes into the inlet for fumes etc to be burnt off. Unfortunately on both the original and cast cover the outlet is about half way down the side and my first idea that was to fit a mini filter direct to the stub will probably end up in a dribble of oil down the side of the engine....so catch tank it is! Pics of it in a bit.

Before I left last night I managed to have a go at the Ali Rocker Cover and am happy with the result.

think I'm going to leave the Ali satin rather than polish it any more. maybe just a wipe over with some wax past to protect it.

Also forgot to mention last night that I had fitted the lenses to my rear lights. On the Lambretta they originally came from the gasket behind the lamp holds the lenses in place, not so in this application so I have fitted them using clear silicon sealant so that they are both weatherproof and should it be necessary removable.

You can see some of the excess silicone, I left it so that hopefully it will just rub off.... hang on a mo...

Yep just run a sharp blade around the join and the excess peels off.

The trim on the ali gauge surround is now dry so later I will have a go at covering with leather.

More later
TTFN
Mac