View Single Post
Old 12th January 2013, 07:15

Viatron is on a distinguished road

Well I'm back again, bit of a false start I seem to have suffered the sammio communication issue so will be re ordering whatever the cordite replacement is called ( yes I know I need to catch up) from Andy on my return from Sri Lanka where I am currently sunning myself till the end of the month. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I will be able to go the German front end option as that's not available from Andy, unless anyone has one knocking around?
So far I have had the diff and gearbox stripped and rebuilt and have completely blasted and etch primed and painted all the suspension parts. All the ball joint, trunnions etc have been renewed and a full polybush set has been fitted. Now I know the front end of the chassis won't need cutting to accomadation the German bonnet other than the usual front bonnet mount ill be getting the chassis off to the galvanisers on my return and then get it in the booth for etch priming and finish painted in black truckcoat. Bearing in mind that all the parts are ready to go I'm hopeful I can get a rolling chassis together in a couple of days once its back from the paint shop.
Engine should be ready on my return, gone for a full rebuild with some tweaks, fast road cam, mild head porting with oversized valves as I managed to pickup a brand new triumph 1500 FWD head off ebay for pennies and apart from being skimmed a bit it will drop straight onto the 1300 FD. I already have a megajolt system so will be doing away with the distributor, I also have a shiney new webber manifold waiting to be fitted along with a webber DCOE45 that I picked up off ebay, it's all stripped just needs reassembly.
I have also managed to pickup a set of triumph wire wheels of gumtree for the princely sum of £200 and they seem to be in v good nick with little or no corrosion so they will be getting blasted and repowdercoated, unfortunately they didn't come with the hub adapters or spinners so will have to buy those new unless anyone has a set they want to move on?
Think that's it for now
Mac

Last edited by Viatron; 25th January 2013 at 04:44..