View Single Post
Old 17th March 2012, 15:29

nilfish76 is on a distinguished road

Yes I agree its a good replica, i would say my issue is that i know the original car so well because as a kid cleaned my neighbours GTS, he even let me drive it out the garage at 14, so i have been in love with this car all my life. for a number of years i have been picking fault with other peoples replicas and comparing them to the original and for years putting off getting a replica only because i am still slowly saving. I know the old JHC cars well, but i have been to see his new car, i could seee that the quality is there but the shape and proportions were not, i think he made a mistake going for the MR2 mk2 bolt on panels, Last year i picked up a extreme murci dvd and could see the ease on how the original mk2 car can be complety altered so that the wheelbase and tracking changed to match the original shape. also this got me looking at woodsport on how they carry out engine swaps to put a toyota 3.0 V6 into a standard mk2 and they have a demo car which i can say has superb power and reponse ideal for these projects. However the mk3 is already a convertable it has a shoter wheelbase and tracking than the origanl GTS and i and thinking an engine swap following by resizing the chassis remove the A posts (front windscreen) and fabricaing framework to bond cascu body to could be an option for me to go along, I will have to IVA the cacr anyway so the original seats and iterior can be used to pass the test and then the focos will be to match the iterior the the original. However what would be better than that is to confirm that the Dehavilland chassis can be bonded to Cascu's body, i know that dehavilland are looking into a v6 option so i am going to keep watching there progress and hope that they are at stonleigh this yea, i still need more time to save anyway.