Thread: IVA Fail
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2016, 19:59

morris is on a distinguished road

I had a similar problem getting the age of my engine. The BMW customer dealer gave me the donor build print out no questions asked and I had the original V5. I wrote to customer services to get a specific build date for the engine and after them asking me lots of questions and including sending them photos of the engine and the stamped in number on the block, they said they couldn't help. I think they're wary of people cloning engine numbers.

I fitted a sports cat as my donor was a 93 car. If it had been a 92 then the V5 should have been evidence enough. However, when I took the IVA the examiner just asked me what year the engine was, I told him 93 and he tested it as that. With the cat installed it was very good on the emissions. He never even looked at the number on the block but at the same time didn't put it on the IVA certificate as verified either as a result. When I came to register the vehicle they just took my word for it. I guess it's all back to the person you get on the day as usual