Thread: Brakes
View Single Post
Old 29th October 2010, 12:25
Enthusiast

cabrioman is on a distinguished road
Default Brakes

I have the Marlin supplied hydraulic pedal box on my factory built Hunter (Cabrio) which has a servo and master cylinder supplied originally by Marlin. It is the same servo and master cylinder which Patrick had fitted to his Sportster which I think he ditched in the end.

Does anyone know part numbers for these items, I am doing a rebuild on the car and intend on renewing all the brake systems as they are over 12 years old and have done circa 75K.

There are Metro servos on eBay at the moment but the numbers don't match the numbers on mine (LBDHZC014A), I obviously don't know what this originally fitted. I understand the highest boost ratio was the servo fitted to the Metro Turbo but they are probablly like hens teeth.

Are there any other options which will fit onto the Marlin pedal box, I would ideally like to improve the servo boost but at worst need to make sure I don't end up with less.

I do have a modified sierra pedal box and servo setup which I could use but it is a fair bit of work to make it fit as the chassis was built to take the Marlin pedal box. I was looking for a simpler solution which gives good feel to the brakes so you don't have to be Arni to stop it.

Any experience on the best solution? I know there has been a lot posted on the problems with the Marlin servo setup regards leaks and the quality of the pedal box. I have already found some of the bodges on the car when I took it all apart, some of the build quality is quite frankly shocking given the fact that the car was around 25k when new.

Any wisdom appreciated.

John
Available from eBay