View Single Post
Old 30th January 2022, 16:59

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road
Default Instrument update

Well it's been over 6 months since I ordered my instruments, I knew that they were one of the first sets so would have some teething problems but I think 6 months is enough. The repaired instruments have just been returned. Just to refresh your memory

On one instrument the "Olio" script wasn't illuminated, this has now been fixed.

The illumination on the next OLIO gauge has also been fixed and looks much better,

The Aqua gauge was returned as it was only illuminated on one side, this has unfortunately been returned untouched and looks half dead at night, I presume this is because it is fitted with the red hi temp light where there should be an illumination bulb.
I would much prefer the illumination to be correct and lose the red light.

The clock was returned because the casing was smashed. So far 3 of the small instrument casings have been received broken, this is before they have even been fitted, I hope that this is not going to be an ongoing problem. The problem now is the clocks illumination is now much dimmer than it was before.

The extra bulbs and holders that have been fitted tend to flicker if touched, I took the car around the block in the dark and noticed some flickering when going over bumps, this seems to be only on the extra bulbs that have been retro fitted.

So I'm afraid to say that my other car will be fitted with ETB instruments especially as a full easy to follow wiring diagram is now available.

The Grassbanks instruments are the better looking set and I especially like the fact that they do not have the LCD panel in the speedo. They need more work and refining, especially when considering the cost, my last set of ETB were

Last edited by Jaguartvr; 1st February 2022 at 13:23..