View Single Post
Old 27th June 2016, 12:08

Marc F is on a distinguished road

Finally (finally) got some time in the garage that was actually on the car - up to now I have been tidying/sorting the space, getting organised. It paid dividends, being able to just find my tools when I needed them (simple job this weekend, stripping the studs off the block). But sure as eggs is eggs, I managed to just strip the engine block of most of its old crud/paint when I was called back for domestic duty.

Oh well, it's a start. But I worry for my sanity sometimes - if it is taking this long for the simple jobs, how long will the bodywork take me :-)

On a more positive note, the carb bodies came back from the bead blasters looking absolutely fantastic - highly recommend the process. I used a guy in Canvey Island who did a first rate and very economical job. AquaBead Blasting in Canvey - easy to find.

Sadly, the same could not be said for the polishing work, done in Rayleigh. Very poor, unfinished, and expensive. Oh well, live and learn. So the manifold will need more attention from me, my polishing wheel and a drill mop etc. Just wish I didn't have to waste money to get crap results like this. If anyone is interested in avoiding poor work, let me know and I will pass the details on privately.

Oh well, trials and tribulations. Next step is to try and remember how to link photos from my album to this thread.