Thread: Geoff`s Z3GT
View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2021, 13:42

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

What happened to the lovely chrome wheels in the first few pictures? They looked far nicer than the later pictures.

I had some bolt-on wire wheels powder chrome coated by the same people as you but it was not a good experience. I was quoted a price on drop off but when I went to collect them he wanted an extra £10 per wheel for the small centre cap (fitted to the wheels and not mentioned when the price was agreed on drop of). He then wanted an extra £5 per wheel for a box (I was collecting them) and then wanted to charge more for some bubble wrap.
When I dropped them off and after he had looked at them he said they would look almost as good as new, when I went to collect them a lot of the finish looked like the surface of the moon, this was, of course, my fault as I had brought in such "crap" wheels.
All that is done is blast and powder coat, something you can dome cheaper and local.

The MGB seats look very good and are suprisingly comfortable. I trimmed mine wiyhout headrests and trimmed the rake adjusting lever that hides the "MGB" origin a little.