View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2017, 19:18

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Molleur - Cheers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No End In Sight:
Didn't get a chance to do any car work on Saturday as we travelled to our friends' house for a BBQ.

Unfortunately, the 5 hours of driving seemed to take a bit more out of me than it should have, so it was a slow start on Sunday.

Initially, I started flatting back the area around the grille opening, so I could get the yellow paint on.

Then I remembered, that I need to give the whole bonnet a single coat of BRG paint before I do anything else.

So I extended the sanding to the whole bonnet.

This is an example of one of the areas where there was major paint cracking (after the first round of sanding).

Thankfully, because I added several layers of paint over these cracks, I knew I could sand more paint off.

Which left me with a much smoother surface in the end.

Then I had a slight mishap, when I found a small lump of paint after some sanding.

Instead of a very slight skim with my Stanley blade, I managed to dig a big chunk of paint out.

Oh how I laughed.

With time against me, I sanded the chip down, cleaned it up and added a blob of high build primer.

But I was so fed up, I just abandoned sanding down the rest of the bonnet for now.

However, I did manage to talk myself into flatting down more of the boot lid.

But by this point I realised I was too tired to think straight and was very likely to make another mistake.

So I stopped and rested for a bit, before heading out for an early evening meal with the family.

It was gone 7pm by the time I returned to the tent…

Where I sanded down the high build primer around the hole I'd dug out…

Before adding a small blob of BRG on top.

Hopefully I will find some energy in the next few days to keep pushing forward.

Until next time, take care, Paul.

Last edited by Paul L; 2nd July 2017 at 21:24.. Reason: Typo