View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2017, 14:17

HouseMartin is on a distinguished road
Default No rub down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Sorry, I keep forgetting to ask if you managed to find the time to paint the car?

Cheers, Paul.
Paul,

Nice of you to ask

It seems the excitement of the MOT pass caused me to engage my fingers before thinking through the body work issues still outstanding.
I wanted a bigger boot to get the spare wheel in so put the rub down on hold.

I have also be at those unseen jobs, such as finishing the rear inner wheel arches, making sure the bonnet fits flush at the top, aligning the doors, fitting the behind the seat trim panels. Adjusting the steering wheel height and position. Trimming the door opening and flowing the shape of the dash into the doors.

Boot Before

Boot After

It's MOT is due again this week so the photos show how little time I have spent on it.
House maintenance has taken priority so just a few drives through the muddy countryside.

It does now have lights covers so the bowls don't fill with water!

but the engine has developed a troublesome habit of stalling on the overrun with very low oil pressure at idle and I think it will have to drop the sump over the winter.

Without Hoops

With Hoops

Subconsciously, I think i don't want to finish it as I will be worried it might attract to much attention and I would have to polish it a take it to shows.

Someone else, however feels quite at home in the Spyder.
She cant wait to pass her test, so I have a dead line for the paint job of 2020!

She has offered her services for the photoshoot provided we go via McDonalds!

In my dreams I have a plan for a hood, so I am still working on the metal work behind the rear seats for fastening the hood loops.

I would like something like this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDbRCTNZJaU

Finger crossed for the MOT

HM