Thread: Paint costs
View Single Post
Old 20th April 2015, 22:12

Bobnic is on a distinguished road
Default Paint costs

Having enjoyed over 2.5 thousand miles in 'Marlene' it was decided she needed some paint. Went to Le Mans last year, first drive in excess of 2 hours , and she performed impeccably! 😎 Me and a few mates are of to Goodwood FOS this year, but she'll have to go 'naked' Got 2 quotes from 2 local bodywork 'friends of friends' for the paint job. Quotes range from £2.5 - £4.5K!! 😱 I'm sure there was a thread last year or so that seemed to put the cost at around £1.5k plus vat? Seems an awful lot to pay around 3 grand including vat plus for the paint job. I think that so far I have been given the kind of quote that is almost designed to put me off using them, as it's not just a 'standard' paint job. One guy has eluded to doing it for £1.5K IF we do all the prep ourselves. I fear I don't have the skills to prep it well enough to do the car justice. Anybody have any one they would recommend or even a guide price I should be expecting to pay please? I am based in Gloucestershire, and don't really fancy the idea of stripping the whole car of panels and sending them off, and the re-assembling the car with oainted panels, I just know with my luck I would scratch them all! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rob
Available from eBay