View Single Post
Old 5th January 2018, 20:28

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

SOME MORE PROGRESS ....John , the ally man dropped in my aluminium sections that he made from the hardboard templates I supplied and I started to fit them. I still need to tidy up edges etc. and fit the two inner pieces alongside the gearbox , but the pictures gives a definite feel of how it's going to be ....

pic upload

pic upload

I made a 20 x 20mm battery tray and fitted that on the passenger side as well...made with 45 degree jointed corners , so no open ends visible and tags welded to the sides to fix it down with 8mm socket button bolts and two on the sides to accept the battery clamp...

Pete the engineer man also turned up with the modified steering boss ...A stock Scimitar boss is huge and the Steering wheel Eric supplied had a small centre ..so Pete turned it down and cut it down , fitting a 30mm deep ally block to it and tapped to accept the new wheel ...it's a much prettier boss than Scimitar offered ...

pic upload

I should be getting the two rear bulkhead sections tomorrow morning , so , hopefully , will fit those and the two left to fit at the front ...When the front bulkhead is fully boxed off , I can look at tying in the extended wing sections to the bulkhead too ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 5th January 2018 at 21:05..