View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2014, 11:02

Marc F is on a distinguished road

I am soooo excited :-)

And yes, Mike has been keeping me updated on latest developments, so it will be good to see at the end of the day. But I am very conscious of Mike's "Proper" commitments so I have been happy to let him set the pace. I know that may frustrate others, but I have enough stress in my day job not to need to get excited about a fun project like this. When I entered into it with Mike we both agreed up front that it would be an experiment, and so I always knew Mike would have to "play around" to sort the many problems that would arise. And as part of that, I knew that his day job would need to take precedence, along with other paying work. The (rather small) cheque I gave him back in December was never going to keep him fed for long, so that was the "contract" I entered into with Mike. He has played fair with me all along, so I will once again stress patience for everyone else. I know people expect instant gratification in this day and age, but the last thing Mike needs to do is show a half arsed mock up, which could damage his reputation.

But Barry, if you are local, then that would be a good idea for you - go and have a chat with Mike - he is a great guy to deal with, and you would feel reasured.

Cheers all. It is great to see the interest this project has generated, and it is good to see the "full size" Miglias that others are building - very inspirational for me. I have bought myself a space heater as I know I will be in the garage through winter getting mine ready, but it will be worth it next year when I trek down to Le Mans in it :-)